Ginny B'S

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Peace, Love and Cowboy Boots

Peace Love and Cowboy Boots

 

KB and I took a trip to back to our hometown.  It was very nice to be back home.  Many things have not changed and then some have.  It was great to spend time with KB's mom for her 79th birthday.   My mom and dad still own the old family farmland.  KB and I sold the old farm house and our portion of the land when we moved, but dad has kept the grassland.  It is extrememly dry there. I don't know if I have ever seen it that dry.  We were able to go out to the farmland to look at where we lived.  This is a very special place for me and our family.  My grandfather came from Canada when he was a young man.  I think he was 28.  I found something on that date a few weeks ago, but I can't find it right now.  After he bought this old home place, and stayed a couple of years, he went back and married my grandmother and brought her back to the Texas Panhandle.  All the roads from Canada to Texas were dirt roads and this travel was in the winter and the roads were a muddy mess.  Also, the cars had no heaters, so there were little huts along the roadside where you stopped to pick up heated bricks to put in your car to keep your feet a little warmer.  WOW, I can't imagine traveling this long distance like that.  I do remember my Mammaw talking about that trip.  The farm that he bought, is the place where my Dad grew up, I grew up as a young girl, and our daughters grew up!!  So it has a lot of memories for us. For these reasons,  I thought I could never leave our old family farm.  But after we moved and made our new home, I really felt that I could make any place a home and I always will.  NO matter where I live, I will make it HOME!!!

 

The old house was bought and eventually torn down, they rebuilt right where the house used to be.  It looks a lot like where we lived, so that helped not making me feel so sad!! I will always have great memories of the Bates "Place" or as KB always called it "El Rancho not so Grande". 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the article is quite attractive ideas, good content, can find that your mind is very touched, i like your website very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, love, peace with your cowboy boots.
    have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, as long as it is positive and a nice sweet comment!!!