Ginny B'S

Saturday, July 14, 2012

I havent' posted in quite a while, because I have been so busy with all our summer fun activities. I have been making salsa, peach cobbler, peach jam, etc. Also, I've been helping my dear friend decorate her country home on their old family farm/ranch. She asked me to help her and it has been great fun for me. Today I wanted to share a delicious recipe from my mimmie. These are Mimmie's Bran Muffins. These muffins are absolutely fabulous and definitely good for you. Another good thing about these is you can make up one batch, or double it and they keep in the frig for 2 months (according to mimmie's recipe) I wouldn't keep them longer than a month and mine don't even last two weeks. now for the recipe. Mimmie's Bran Muffins 1 cup bran buds (just plain bran) 1 cup boiling water 1 1/2 cups sugar 1/2 cup butter 2 cup buttermilk ( I don't usually have buttermilk, I take 2 cups milk and add 2 T. vinegar) 2 eggs 2 1/2 cup flour 2 tsp. soda 1/2 tsp. salt 2 cups bran flakes Pour boiling water over bran buds and set aside to cool. Melt butter in microwave and add sugar. Mix together. Add eggs and buttermilk. Add ddry ingredients. Add 2 cups of bran flakes. Last, add cooled bran buds. this mixture can keep in the refrigerator for 2 months. It is handy to double the recipe and use when needed. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, as long as it is positive and a nice sweet comment!!!