Ginny B'S

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I feel so inspired to participate in this type of blog, and the inspiration comes from so many of you fellow bloggers. I have been so busy with school that I have not taken the time to look around. Now, I realize how much it improves my attitude when reading some of your blogs. So here goes, today I am thankful for the wonderful hugs that I receive as a teacher. It is such a wonderful feeling to have a little elementary child come up and give you a hug. They are really in need of hugs and so are their teachers.

My fellow teachers and I in the elementary school had the privilege of participating in McDonald's, McTeacher Night during a three hour time teachers greet, sell trays of cookies, and help a little behind the counter. A portion of the sales during this time are given to our school. This is a great fund raiser and will help the teachers purchase some necessary supplies for their classroom.

Also, it was a lot of fun for all who came to eat and socialize. I think it went very well. It will be interesting to see how the fund raiser turns out.



I am thankful for all of my precious students. They are a challenge at times, but a true joy. I am also thankful for their parents and their support.



God Bless them all!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love teachers like you, who really care about their students and enjoy having them around:-) Sounds like a fun time at McDonalds for the fundraiser, that's such a good idea. I'm wondering if they do that here in my part of the world. Hope your weekend is going well:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just realized you stopped by my blog. Sorry about my delinquent response, I usually get comments emailed to me....maybe I was asleep! LOL I have another funny story about the bathroom. One time I was leaving and I didn't wash my hands because I have a sink in my room with Bath and Body Works soap, which I explained to the little girl who said I needed to wash my hands. So, a few weeks later the same thing happened and the little girl turned to the other little girl and said, "It's OK, she washes her hands in her classroom!" Ha ho ho...they slay me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing you are to your students.

    Where we used to live, our church would hold a "thank you dinner" for all the students teachers. We would make them dinner, serve it to them at the church and then the kids would tell each of the teachers the good things they had done that year. Sort of a nice way to say thank you for all you do for us.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, as long as it is positive and a nice sweet comment!!!